Thursday 24 September 2015

The Boring Introduction Part That Everyone Should Skip Over



Hi there, I'm KimboWeenie and I am a Sims Player.

Well, that was obvious to tell really, but sometimes the blatant Simmers Anonymous introduction still works, no?

Here's the deal: I've been in something of a rut recently with my games. I keep telling myself "I'm going to make this legacy and this time it's going to stick!" but by the time I've created the would-be founder, I'm already tired of seeing them before they even do their usual routine.

Why is this any different you ask? Because I found this. (Or for those of you who don't like links, I found the ISBI Challenge.)

Usually I would never dream of even attempting such a challenge for fear of recreating that shot in the Sims 2 opening when the Sugar-Honey-Iced-Tea hits the fan.

Because nothing meant accomplishment like floursack babies and moppy makeout sessions.


But perhaps this is where I was going wrong... As much as I would love my Sims game to be a perfect Utopia where everyone just plays happy families and there is no such thing as Social Services; I wasn't challenging myself. I was just watching the same Sims do the same thing I'd tell each and every one of them to do.

So today, I bring forth a new goal. Not only am I going to complete a Legacy challenge, I'm going to complete one that I've allowed to fall into chaos, should it ever happen. I'm opening myself up to this possibility for the first time in about 10 years; it's time for this old lady to embrace new experiences!

Note to self: Never use that last phrase again...

No comments:

Post a Comment